Website Rockingham Christian Church
2 Keewaydin Drive, Salem, NH 03079
RCC exists to invite people to journey with Jesus. The Elders and Staff are responsible for living out our mission and discipleship pathway. The Lead Minister’s primary role is to teach and disciple others for their inward spiritual formation, while also providing pastoral care.
We are seeking someone to discern God’s leading for our congregation, and to provide spiritual, operational, and organizational leadership to fulfill the vision and mission of Rockingham Christian Church. This staff position reports to the elders.
▪ Experienced Ordained Minister with theological alignment and adherence to the essential tenets of RCC’s Statement of Faith, Restoration Movement, and sound Biblical Doctrine. ▪ Pursues a mature and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a thorough knowledge of and adherence to the authoritative, inspired, infallible Word of God. ▪ Preaches inspiring and challenging messages that proclaims God’s Word with enthusiasm, passion, and conviction.
▪ Willing to address the compelling and challenging subjects of the day without compromise and with grace, supported by scripture.
▪ Encourages and equips members to grow in faith, knowledge of the Word of God, and love for Jesus Christ.
▪ Leads with a clear and compelling plan by creating a collaborative culture and uniting members toward a common vision.
▪ Maintains a passion for evangelism in the local community, as well as cultivating and investing in the next generation of Believers.
▪ Inspires through the ministry of stewardship of time, talent, and treasure. ▪ Is a wise, enthusiastic, and collaborative leader and manager who is motivated to train, mentor, and supervise a multi-staff organization.
▪ Is willing to be a servant leader in the pastoral care of the congregation. ▪ Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. ▪ Possesses integrity, vision, discernment, compassion, and humor.
▪ As the primary preaching minister, demonstrate a consistent preaching ability and effective biblically-based messages.
▪ Plan and coordinate worship in conjunction with staff and lay leaders for a blend of traditional and contemporary worship services, ensuring a biblical basis of all content. ▪ Oversee staff and volunteers and the congregation’s outreach/evangelism/mission’s efforts in the local community.
▪ Implement an effective organizational and staffing structure that achieves the mission and vision of the church, and that organizational processes are carried out daily. ▪ Supervise and mentor staff – including annual evaluations in conjunction with the Elders, utilizing each staff member’s talents to achieve the highest level of performance. ▪ In conjunction with the Elders monitor performance and effectiveness of ministries and programs, address constraints and ensure efficient business operations. ▪ Work with the Elders to ensure good stewardship and fiscal responsibility of the church’s financial resources consistent with its mission, vision, and core values.
▪ Maintain an active and visible role in the life of the congregation and ensure that the pastoral care needs of the congregation are met.
▪ Encourage and guide the congregation to mature in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, including development and oversight of existing and new programs for adult education, discipling, pastoral care, and missions’ outreach.
▪ Perform weddings, funerals, Christian dedications / baptisms, pastoral visits, and emergency responses as requested.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com