Website Rushville Church of Christ
Associate Minister Job Summary:
The Associate Minister will work alongside the Lead Pastor and Church Elders to help shepherd and care for the RCC faith-community while implementing the mission of the Gospel in partnership with the Church.
As Rushville Church of Christ grows, the need for additional ministers has become evident. We have seen many new families and young people become part of the faith community, and wish to have loving, Godly people in place to walk with them in their relationship with Christ.
Position Characteristics Overview:
The ideal candidate is someone with an authentic love of Jesus Christ, gifts in shepherding believers, and a passion for engaging the Church in Gospel ministry. The goal is to follow a personal call of God in the role while helping to love, lead and serve Christ’s Church.
- Exhibit an authentic Christian faith that is nurtured by prayer, knowledge of the Bible, and dedicated follower-ship of Jesus.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications for elders as outlined in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, 1 Peter 5, and Ezekiel 10.
- Be willing and able to preach and teach, if needed.
- Have experience in church ministries including any or all of these: mentoring, visitation, counseling, teaching and leadership.
- Be gifted in building relationships including home visits, encouragement, and pastoral care/shepherding.
- Practice a Biblical attitude towards authority and conflict resolution. (Matthew 18)
- Demonstrate confidentiality, tact, and good judgment.
- Be able to work in an organized and efficient manner within RCC administrative systems.
- Have a firm grasp on the contemporary avenues that people use to connect to Church and each other. (Social Media, Online Services, Text Communication, Planning Center, etc.)
- Degree or equivalent coursework from a doctrinally similar Bible College or Christian University. Bachelor’s level preferred.
- At least 1-4 years ministry experience at a Church serving at or over 200 people. Small Town or Rural Ministry experience preferred.
Compensation: Approx. $30,000-$40,000 package annually based on qualifications, education and experience.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com