Website Second Church of Christ
3350 East Voorhees, Danville, IL 61834 (217) 442-7306
Area: High School Ministry (HSM)
Section: Teens (Grades 9-12)
Ministry Title: High School Minister Ministry
Role: The High School Minister’s role is to serve as a member of the Second Church of Christ staff to accomplish the church’s mission (make Christ-centered disciples) through the development and execution of ministry specific goals and objectives. The High School Minister provides effective spiritual leadership, mentoring, and discipling of students and ministry volunteers. Additionally, all HSM programs and activities must align with Second Church’s mission, goals, and objectives. The High School Minister works in partnership with the Junior High Minister in creating and executing synergistic goals and objectives.
Ministry Description: The High School Ministry exists to make Christ-center disciples of all people (students and sponsors) attending and participating in the High School Ministry. This ministry’s scope includes, but not limited to, a Sunday morning class, Sunday night worship and small groups, annual CIY and mission trips, and small fellowship gatherings. Specific
1. Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in all situations. Exhibit a life devoted to personal growth and spiritual development. Display a Christian character exemplifying integrity, purity, humility, submission, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
2. Be a team player. Serve alongside other staff positively and cooperatively. Exemplify a servant spirit.
3. Develop a student ministry aligned with the purpose, mission, and core values of Second Church of Christ.
4. Develop an annual ministry plan outlining goals and objectives complementary to Second Church’s mission and strategic direction.
5. Responsible for the organization and execution of HSM events, camps, etc.
6. Intentionally create an environment and experience that points students to Jesus. (HSM Sunday Nights)
7. Identify high-capacity volunteers to recruit to HSM.
8. Equip, train and encourage HSM leaders to own their role in the ministry.
9. Be the primary communicator for HSM.
10. Partner with parents by providing resources, training and intentional ways equip parents to be the spiritual leaders of their family.
11. Manage the HSM budget alongside our financial team.
12. Foster a synergistic relationship with all staff. Assist in ministry efforts that promote the overall mission of the church. This includes, but is not limited to, communication and promotion of ministries, general pastoral care, hospital visits, weddings/funerals, evangelism, budget creation and management, and working as a team on all church-wide projects.
Time Commitment: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Responsible to: Dale DeNeal, Executive Minister – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com