Website Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc.
SENIOR SERVICES OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS
DEPARTMENT: CARE COORDINATION UNIT
POSITION: ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES CASEWORKER
Each employee will further the goals and objectives of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. and will comply with policies and guidelines established by the Board of Directors and any/all funding agencies. The Adult Protective Services Caseworker will cooperate to the fullest extent with all other projects of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. in order to provide services that prevent unnecessary or premature institutionalization of older persons and to foster their independence, dignity and an improved quality of life.
1. Receive and respond to intakes, referrals and crisis situations.
2. Complete investigations, casework and maintain case records according to IDOA guidelines with victims of abuse, neglect and exploitation and individuals that self- neglect.
3. Maintain oral and written communication regarding APS clients in a confidential manner, strictly adhering to IDOA guidelines and procedures manual.
4. Establish and maintain cordial and professional working relationships with law enforcement and criminal justice service personnel, with the court systems and all social service agencies.
5. Provide advocacy and assistance to APS clients.
6. Complete all paperwork within the required time frames.
7. As necessary, assist clients with alternate housing options, when independent living is no longer possible.
8. Participate in SSCI agency and CCU Departmental programs and committees as requested by the Department Director, and attend agency and staff meetings as required.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to the APS Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor or the CCU Director
Qualifications and experience:
Minimum of BA/BS in Criminal Justice, Gerontology, Social Work, or related field.
Two years human service experience. Must have reliable vehicle. Knowledge of services available to disabled and older adults, as well as good interpersonal skills, communication skills and excellent writing ability are required. Of highest consideration is empathy toward vulnerable populations, patience and compassion, skills in interviewing people to determine physical, psychological, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Please visit our website at http://www.centralilseniors.org/employment-opportunities.htm for instructions to apply.
In order to be considered for this position, you must fill out the application on our website, and follow the instructions for submission of application and resume.
Senior Services of Central Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.centralilseniors.org.