Website Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc.
In order to be considered for this position, you must fill out the application on our website, and follow the instructions for submission of application and resume. http://www.centralilseniors.org/employment-opportunities.htm
SENIOR SERVICES OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS, INC.
DEPARTMENT: CARE COORDINATION UNIT
POSITION: OFFICE ASSISTANT
Each employee will do all within his/her power to further the goals and objectives of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. and will comply with policies and guidelines established by the Board of Directors and any/all funding agencies. The Office Coordinator will cooperate to the fullest extent with all other projects of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. in order to provide services that prevent unnecessary or premature institutionalization of older persons and to foster their independence, dignity and an improved quality of life.
1. Monitor supplies, stamps, forms, office machines and informational packets.
2. Coordinate office needs for all CCU departments in all offices.
3. Schedule appointments for Comprehensive Care Coordinators according to the scheduling procedure, which includes completing intake forms and data input into CMIS – within time frame.
4. Monitor, review and distribute all incoming referrals and requests for changes for all Sangamon County participants to ensure required timeframes and guidelines are met.
5. Provide information, intake, assessment, referral and follow-up for incoming requests for assistance including phone calls, walk-in participants and other concerned persons.
6. Assist as needed with monitoring critical events.
7. Answer phone and direct calls.
8. Routine clerical duties such as filing, sorting, monitoring and ordering form supplies.
9. Assist Care Coordinators with file organization and other related duties.
10. Process mail: prepare outgoing mail and date stamp and sort incoming mail.
11. Attend and participate in SSCI agency and department staff meetings.
12. Complete a minimum of 10 hours of related training per calendar year.
13. Assist CCU Director as requested.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the CCU Supervisor and CCU Director
Qualifications and experience:
Office management skills, experience in operation of office machines and excellent computer skills. Must be able to follow instructions and work independently. Must be flexible, adaptive and have good organizational skills. Also important are empathy, patience, compassion and skill in developing a good rapport with the older population and with other agency staff. Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, previous office experience and a desire to help senior citizens.
Senior Services of Central Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.centralilseniors.org.