Website Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc.
In order to be considered for this position, you must fill out the application on our website, and follow the instructions for submission of application and resume. http://www.centralilseniors.org/employment-opportunities.htm
SENIOR SERVICES OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS, INC.
DEPARTMENT: CARE COORDINATION UNIT
POSITION: CHOICES FOR CARE COORDINATOR/COMPREHENSIVE CARE AIDE
Each employee will further the goals and objectives of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. and will comply with policies and guidelines established by the Board of Directors and any/all funding agencies. The CCC Aide will cooperate fully with all other projects of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. in order to provide services that prevent unnecessary or premature institutionalization of older persons and to foster their independence, dignity and an improved quality of life.
1. Complete Choices for Care assessments in the hospital and nursing facilities within the timeframes when covering for other Coordinators.
2. Complete all associated paperwork within a two-day period.
3. Offer participants alternatives to long-term care placement.
4. Answer program phones and take detailed messages then forward information to the appropriate Care Coordinator, respond as directed.
5. Monitor Critical Events Web Portal and alert Care Coordinators of new and due event responses. Respond to events as directed by Care Coordinators.
6. Complete clerical tasks as time allows.
7. Received and respond to incoming referrals as time allows and as directed by the Care
8. Participate in SSCI Agency and CCU departmental programs and committees as requested by the CCU Director and attend agency and departmental staff meetings as required.
9. Obtain and maintain State Certification for Comprehensive Care Coordination.
10. Complete twenty-five hours of in-service training annually.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Interviewing skills, clerical skills, experience in operation of office machines and telephone skills. Must be able to follow instructions and work independently. Must be flexible, adaptive and have good organizational skills. Most importantly are empathy, patience, compassion and skill developing a good rapport with the older population and with other agency staff.
Reports directly to the Money Management/CCU Assistant Supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or other related field. Previous office experience and a desire to help seniors.
Senior Services of Central Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.centralilseniors.org.