Website Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc.
In order to be considered for this position, you must fill out the application on our website, and follow the instructions for submission of application and resume. http://www.centralilseniors.org/employment-opportunities.htm
SENIOR SERVICES OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS
Senior Services of Central Illinois provides older individuals with non-medical services, which enhance quality of life and promote independent living. The Receptionist is responsible for presenting the first positive contact between the clients, the participants and the general public and Senior Services. This is a busy job and the ability to multitask and maintain accuracy and composure is necessary.
1. Answer the main phone lines, taking messages when needed, directing calls to the correct extensions/voicemails.
2. Welcome anyone who walks in the front door and direct them to where they need to go.
3. Work closely with Senior Transport, relaying messages between riders and drivers.
4. Work closely with I & A to track information/assistance given to callers and walk-ins.
5. Update the entry bulletin board on a daily basis and monitor signs that need to be taken down or changed.
6. Assist any Agency Director with paperwork or data entry that can be done at the front desk.
1. Polite, courteous and welcoming demeanor. Ability to remain calm and friendly when communicating with visitors as well as clients/participants and staff even during stressful situations.
2. Pleasant phone voice.
3. Knowledge of multi-line phone systems.
4. Dependability – must be prompt at arriving to work on time.
5. Must be accurate in hearing and recording client names and detailed information.
6. When working with Senior Transport clients, ability to retain clients on the phone while alerting drivers/receiving ETAs. Also be able to maintain an accurate record of time client called in for pickup.
7. Knowledge of computers including database and Microsoft programs.
8. Knowledge of all departments, employees and employee responsibilities.
Reports directly to the Human Resource Director/Office Manager
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
This is a part-time position. Specific schedule will be determined at time of hire.
Senior Services of Central Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com