Website Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc.
In order to be considered for this position, you must fill out the application on our website, and follow the instructions for submission of application and resume. http://www.centralilseniors.org/employment-opportunities.htm
SENIOR SERVICES OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS, INC.
DEPARTMENT: CARE COORDINATION UNIT
POSITION: COMPREHENSIVE CARE COORDINATOR
Each employee will do all within his/her power to further the goals and objectives of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. and will comply with policies and guidelines established by the Board of Directors and any/all funding agencies. The Comprehensive Care Coordinator will cooperate to the fullest extent with all other projects of Senior Services of Central Illinois, Inc. in order to provide services that prevent unnecessary or premature institutionalization of older persons and to foster their independence, dignity and an improved quality of life.
1. Complete holistic assessments and develop participant directed care plans for Comprehensive
Care participants based on the rules, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Illinois Department on Aging and all other funding agencies.
2. Provide the needed linkage, follow up and monitoring for each participant as demonstrated through assessments and according to the rules and guidelines.
3. Complete Choices for Care interim assessments, prescreens and serve as back-up to hospital based case managers.
4. Provide Information and Assistance services for participants.
5. Complete 25 hours of in-service training annually.
6. Obtain and maintain State certification for Comprehensive Care Coordination.
7. Participate in SSCI Agency and CCU Departmental programs and committees as requested by the Department Director, and attend agency and staff meetings as required.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Comprehensive Care Supervisor or CCU Director
Qualifications and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services of Certification as a Registered Nurse and 2 years’ experience in social services settings. Experience in Gerontology is desirable. Knowledge of services available to older adults, as well as good interpersonal skills, communications skills and excellent writing ability are required. Of highest consideration is empathy toward older persons.
Senior Services of Central Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.centralilseniors.org.