Website Shiloh Community Church
Shiloh Community Church – Family Ministries Pastor
Shiloh Community Church is a multi-generational church that is a part of the Converge MidAmerica network of churches. Our desire is to see individuals, families, our community and our world transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is our mission to help people come to Christ, grow in Christ, and serve for Christ.
Our ministry center is located in the rural community of Orleans, MI. Our average weekend attendance is around 300 with people coming from just down the road as well as people from the neighboring cities of Ionia, Belding, Greenville, and beyond.
The Family Ministries Pastor is a new, full-time position to oversee the ministries to children, teens, young adults & their families. This is a unique opportunity to cast vision and lead changes through strong ministry teams.
Lead and develop the Family Ministries of Shiloh Community Church consisting of Shiloh Kids (Nursery, Preschool & Elementary) and Shiloh Students (Middle School, High School & Young Adult):
- Develop and implement an age appropriate discipleship pathway for the various age groups represented in Shiloh Kids and Shiloh Students
- Establish ministry goals and objectives related to the vision, mission, and values of the church, prioritize related ministries accordingly, and manage the use of facilities in coordination with the entire staff
- Equip and empower staff and volunteers to help children and teens become followers of Jesus and discover how they are designed to help carry out the mission of the church
- Ensure that safety protocols are in place and followed by all volunteers, adults, and minors at Shiloh Community Church campuses, events, groups, and programs
- Ensure that all Shiloh Kids and Shiloh Students programs, groups and events are adequately staffed by trained volunteers
- Recruit, perform background checks, and train new leaders and volunteers
- Develop relationships with the parents and families of the children and teens who attend Shiloh Community Church
- Encourage and support the families of Shiloh Community Church
- Partner in creating ways for the families of children and teens to engage in the Outreach, Evangelism, and Compassion ministries and events of Shiloh Community Church
- Meet with the Senior Pastor in person or via phone or video conference weekly for planning
- Continue to develop and grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ and servant leader in His Church
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 4-year degree and experience in Children’s and/or Student Ministries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work productively without direct supervision
- Experience leading ministry teams
- Ability to work well and collaborate with team members, volunteers and other staff
- Taking the job seriously without taking yourself too seriously
To apply send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org