SMYRNA CHURCH OF CHRIST
302-547-7545 Jim Tompkins, Pulpit Committee
Smyrna Church of Christ is an instrumental church that has been in existence since 1977.
Currently the active membership is approximately 55 with a strong desire to grow. We are seeking a full-time minister who is called by God and is equipped to effectively preach and teach the Word of God. Candidate must be able to fulfill the spiritual needs of the congregation through visitations, prayer, conducting weddings, funerals, and administering the ordinances of the church. Must possess biblical and spiritual qualities as outlined in Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Currently the minister will work under the oversight of our Leadership Team until a new Board of Elders can be established. He must believe in and support the Restoration Movement. Our Worship Center is 9,975 sq. ft., which includes a minister office that was added in 2019. The facility also includes a 9,700 sq. ft. Fellowship Hall with additional offices and classrooms. Also available to the minister is a 2-story, 2,200 sq. ft. parsonage located on the grounds of the church property.
Smyrna is a small town with a population of about 13,000. Two new developments are expected in the next couple of years within one mile of the church building with a potential increase in population of 3,000. Delaware’s climate is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. Numerous outdoor and indoor activities are available in the area. Smyrna is less than a two-hour drive of Philadelphia, Baltimore, Annapolis, DC, and Delaware beaches.
Preferred Minister Qualifications:
1. Must be a licensed and ordained minister in the Church of Christ/Christian Church.
2. Be a visionary with sound judgment and discernment.
3. Prefer a minimum of five years ministry experience.
4. Prefer a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited Restoration Movement College or University.
5. Possess effective communication skills (written and oral).
6. Growth-oriented and pastoral care capability.
7. Demonstrated personal financial awareness and responsibility.
8. Committed to continuing education and development.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a congregation.
10. Possess effective administration skills and able to organize and lead staff.
11. Three letters of recommendation.
Please email/mail a recent sermon (or web link) along with a resume to:
Attn: Jim Tompkins
Smyrna Church of Christ
1630 Joe Goldsborough Road
Smyrna, DE 19977
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org