Website Southside Church of Christ
The primary responsibilities of the Worship Pastor will be to lead the Sunday Morning worship of the body, recruit, train, and shepherd the team of volunteers, and oversee the technical aspects of worship ministry, including the sound and video team.
The Worship Pastor will work in conjunction with the Teaching Pastor to provide oversight to the general flow and planning of the service and oversee and prepare special worship services such as Good Friday Services, Christmas Eve Services, and other worship opportunities during the church calendar year.
The Worship Pastor will also assist the Recovery Ministry Director in the oversight of worship at Celebrate Recovery on Wednesday Nights.
Our desire is to find the right person over the perfect skill set fit; therefore, other duties will be determined upon the experience and interest of the candidate.
The candidate will be accountable to the Executive Pastor and will work closely with the Executive Pastor and Teaching Pastor as a pastoral team member.
- Continue to grow and mature in their relationship with Christ.
- Grow in their ability and proficiency in leading worship. Musically, vocally, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend monthly elders’ meetings.
- Meet with the executive pastor and teaching pastor regularly.
- Assist in pastoral counseling as well as performing weddings & funerals.
- General care and shepherding of the church family.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- Promote the mission and core values of Southside in all phases of ministry.
This is a full-time salaried position. Pastors are expected to work an average of at least forty hours a week with the understanding that on some occasions, this position may require up to fifty or more hours of work a week.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org