Website Southwest Church of Christ
We are in search of a youth minister whose primary responsibility will be to oversee the youth & children’s programming of the church. This would include teaching roles during Sunday morning and during youth groups. The minister will cast and implement a vision for the spiritual development of our students, coordinate sponsors/volunteers in the ministry, and partner with the preaching minister in building up the church.
We are searching for a servant who is a student of Scripture, who works well with others, is committed to the mission of our church, is organized and can develop volunteers.
A bachelor’s degree, particularly in Bible or ministry is preferred, but not required. This is a full-time salary position with benefits. The salary package includes a provided parsonage for housing.
Southwest Church of Christ is in Barberton, OH, right outside of Akron, with a reach into several surrounding communities.
General Purpose of Position:
To cultivate the students and families of Southwest Church of Christ into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The Primary Task:
– Love youth where they are
– Build up their faith
– Challenge them to follow God faithfully and boldly
– Outreach to youth in the community
– Serve alongside preaching minister
1. Plan events for youth ministry.
2. Mentor youth.
3. Be knowledgeable of YM resources. Plan curriculum.
4. Coordinate youth group for mid-week programming. Teach Sunday School class.
5. Partner with other local Churches of Christ.
6. Keep records and budget.
7. Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
8. Meet with Preaching Minister weekly for encouragement and mutual growth.
9. Establish and implement a Child Protection Policy
1. Embrace and teach the core doctrinal statement of Southwest Church of Christ.
2. Education: Ability to demonstrate biblical understandings and impart biblical knowledge to others. Plan for continued personal growth.
3. Skills: Relational skills. Computer and technology skills preferred. Awareness of current culture. Strong communication skills. Timeliness and organization.
4. Work well with others; is a team player. Recruits volunteers.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com