Website Springfield Christian Preschool
400 N. Bruns Lane, Springfield, IL 62702
Full-time, Part-time & Substitute roles available
In this role, team members must:
1. Show a genuine fondness for children and demonstrate commonsense knowledge of their development
2. Demonstrate maturity and the ability to work well with others
3. Demonstrate an understanding of learning goals and benchmarks and use that knowledge to create engaging classroom learning activities
4. Be able to appropriately use progress monitoring and assessment tools to guide and enhance classroom instruction,
5. Be willing and able to attend to the child care, nutrition, and hygiene needs of children
6. Demonstrate appropriate communication skills to effectively teach students, collaborate with other team members, and engage with families
7. Be willing and able to work full days in a year-round program.
8. Demonstrate a strong work ethic, a willingness to serve and be flexible to meet the needs of the preschool, and an overall eagerness to learn and work.
A typical compensation package for a full time employee will include:
1. Better-than-average wages for programs like ours
2. 90% employer-paid health insurance for full-time employees. Vision insurance is also available at employee expense
3. 403b Retirement plan with up to 3% company match
4. Sick, vacation and personal time
5. Required CEUs will be offered in-house or otherwise paid for by SCP (up to the 15 hours required)
6. Life/disability insurance
7. Miscellaneous: SCP apparel; Free lunches and snacks if desired
More than anything, we believe we offer a unique community where teachers, students, and families feel welcomed and cared for.
Note: As a faith-based not-for-profit organization, SCP is able to limit our hiring practices to candidates who are members of our faith community and who are able to meet the bona fide qualifications of a Christian role model (these standards will be outlined on our full application)
To apply for this job please visit springfieldchristianpreschool.org.