Website St. Mark's Lutheran Church
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead ministries with youth and young adults that encourage a life of discipleship, including Confirmation, Sunday School, Bible studies, fellowship and service events, camp, retreats, synodical and churchwide youth gatherings.
- Recruit, equip and coordinate adult volunteers and peer leaders.
- Together with the council Discipleship chair, appoint a Youth and Young Adult Ministries (YYAM) Team to provide oversight and support for these ministries.
- Forge meaningful relationships with youth, young adults, parents, staff, volunteers and congregational members.
- Communicate regularly with these groups through personal contact as well as printed and digital communications.
- Reach out to new and to inactive youth and young adults.
- Be present within the congregation: attend events as schedule permits; worship regularly; occasionally help to lead worship by, for example, reading lessons or providing children’s sermons.
- Be visible at community and school youth events.
- Work collaboratively with all congregational ministries to fulfill our mission and vision.
- Network in the community and with other ELCA and local congregations to develop and share resources.
- May be assigned additional responsibilities from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in ministry with youth or young adults.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, computer, digital, verbal and written communications skills.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Compliance with St. Mark’s policies, procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Have valid driver’s license. Able to move freely in and out of different ministries settings.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds or reasonable appropriate accommodations.
To apply for this position, please mail or email a cover letter and resume to St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, Attention: Youth and Young Adult Director Interview Team; firstname.lastname@example.org or 200 S. Main St., Washington, IL 61571
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com