Website Steadfast Center, LLC
Position Opening: Trauma Therapist
Steadfast Center LLC is East Central Illinois’s premier trauma-informed practice for healing emotional, physical, sexual, and other abuse. We are a group private practice with five full-time therapists, and we have a need for an additional full-time (15-20 sessions/week) trauma therapist to meet the growing demand for our specialized services in the Champaign-Urbana community.
The ideal candidate will be a therapist who is highly experienced in and/or wishes to specialize in working with survivors of relational trauma, who values clinical excellence and continuous learning, and who contributes to and complements the diversity of our staff, both personally and clinically.
Our therapists offer a depth of approach that focuses on both current symptoms and the deeper goal of facilitating lasting change for our clients. Relational and attachment-focused therapy, with a belief that trauma that happens in relationships can be healed in the therapy relationship, is the theoretical foundation of our practice. However, we welcome therapists with complementary skills and experience in other trauma-informed orientations such as IFS, DBT, ACT, psychodynamic, sensorimotor, polyvagal, EMDR, and experiential therapies.
We are looking for someone who values and embodies the qualities that have made our team successful: insightfulness, curiosity, openness, integrity, accountability, courage, authenticity, and kindness. Therapists at Steadfast Center are W-2 employees of the practice, yet have a balance of both autonomy and community in our mutually supportive and collaborative group.
· Master’s degree or higher in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy
· Clinical license for practice in the State of Illinois
· Clinical experience and/or interest in specializing in the treatment of Relational Trauma (physical, emotional, sexual, mental, and spiritual abuse and neglect), Complex Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and/or Dissociation and Dissociative Disorders
· Experience in and/or willingness to work congruently from a trauma-informed perspective, clinically with clients, organizationally as a member of our Steadfast Center team, and personally in modeling a healthy relationship with yourself through a commitment to self- care, work-life balance, and personal growth.
· Full licensure for practice in the State of Illinois (LCPC, LCSW, LMFT, Clinical Psychologist)
· Minimum 2+ years specialized clinical experience working with survivors of relational trauma, PTSD, and dissociation
· Minimum 2+ years experience practicing from a foundation of relational and attachment- focused therapy
· Experience facilitating groups and/or workshops and training
· Experience working with diverse and marginalized populations, both clinically and with regard to ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation
· Experience with specialized individual and/or group therapy for male survivors
· Experience working with generational and racialized trauma
Elements of outstanding performance in the Trauma Therapist role include:
● Ability to form secure attachments and facilitate empathic, productive, and consistent client relationships, facilitating healing and lasting change for people struggling with the impacts of emotional, physical, or sexual trauma
● Maintaining a consistent caseload of 15-20 billable hours per week, comprised of individual, couples, and/or group leadership
● Conscientiously conducting thorough assessment and clinical conceptualization, writing timely clinical case notes, and demonstrating stewardship of billing and record-keeping functions using online electronic health record (EHR) software
● Engaged and collaborative participation in weekly clinical case consultation meetings, openness and curiosity in regular mentorship meetings, and thoughtful contribution to the administrative functions and program development of the practice
● Participation in ongoing professional development, expansion of skills, and commitment to clinical excellence that is both individualized and diverse
● Demonstrated commitment to self-care and awareness of the impact of vicarious trauma, including the ability and vulnerability to ask for support and consultation as needed
Compensation and Benefits
● Therapists are W-2 employees paid hourly, with compensation for billable clinical time and related administrative work, as well as time spent in meetings and other practice-related commitments
● Health insurance benefits (choice of Gold or Platinum BCBS plan) with generous employer- paid portion of the premium
● 100% employer paid long-term (LTD) and short term disability (STD) insurance, and
$50,000 life insurance
● Annual professional development stipend to cover the costs of training and travel for workshops, conferences, memberships, licensure, and other professional fees
● 20 days of paid time off (PTO) annually, paid at the equivalent of two (2) clinical hours/day
● Case consultation and clinical support, including 1-2 hours/week of group and individual mentoring
● Paid advertising/marketing support as needed to build and maintain caseload, including Psychology Today profile, business cards, and other program and promotional materials
● Paid professional/malpractice and general liability insurance
● Dedicated therapy office, centrally located in Champaign
Steadfast Center LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran and disability status. We especially encourage applications from people of color, and/or LGBTQ communities, and/or people with disabilities.
To apply and/or to ask questions regarding this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your resume and a cover letter answering these questions:
1) What attracts you to working at Steadfast Center/what you see is a great fit for you
2) Your greatest strengths as a therapist and/or what you would say about who you are or what you do that affects the most positive change in your clients
3) What kind of clients you would say are the most ideal fit for you and/or your areas of interest/specialized knowledge
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com