Website The Ridge
2800 Bonnell Road Columbus, IN 47203 812.376.8455
The Ridge is a church in Columbus, Indiana, doing “whatever it takes” to reach our community for Christ. We believe nothing matters if people don’t matter, and we believe you are the key to making that possible.
• Character — Must be above reproach.
• Competency — Able to develop, lead, implement, and maintain systems that help people connect with our church and grow spiritually.
• Chemistry — Able to fit in and work within a highly collaborative team environment and have healthy relationships and seamless fit into both the church and work culture.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as a staff member in a student leadership capacity.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or a related field is preferred. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching and discipling students toward becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus. They will display an ability to administrate and lead as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is an asset in this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Lead staff and volunteers in the creation and operation of a high school and middle school student ministry, including weekly services and special events.
• Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, high energy services for students.
• Create and manage a high school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
• Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers to staff weekly programs and special events.
• Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
• Implement student outreach, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
• Support and participate in pre-teen children’s ministry programing on Sunday mornings.
OTHER EXPECTATIONS/WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• A member in good standing at The Ridge.
• Must attend services, participate in a life group, and give financially (a minimum of a tithe).
• Able to embrace and desire to accomplish the vision, values, and strategies of the church.
• Participate in pastoral care as needed (funerals, weddings, hospital visitation, biblical counseling).
• Responsible to the Lead & Executive Pastors and managed via a work plan/performance review process.
• Spiritual Gifts – Primary (essential for this position): Evangelism, Leadership, Teaching.
Secondary (beneficial for this position): Administration, Service.
Email your resume and cover letter to Tim Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com