Thorntown Christian Church
125 West Main St., Thorntown, IN 46071
Thorntown Christian Church seeking a person of God called to be our pastor. We are a Bible-believing, Christ-centered church in central Indiana.
Qualifications we are desiring:
· Their love of God must be evident in all parts of their life.
· Sermons need to reflect admiration and respect for God’s Word. We value a person who seeks guidance through prayer.
· We seek a person committed to Christ’s teaching as the only way and the Bible as the sole authority.
· We desire a person to possess passion for church renewal and community outreach.
· We desire a person have 2-5 years of experience as pastor of a church.
· We desire a person who is ordained or working towards ordination.
· The person needs to demonstrate excellent personal traits and skills in various types of communication
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The pastor will work in conjunction with the church board, staff, and elders in support of the mission/vision of the church.
The person should be able to guide and delegate responsibility.
We value interpersonal relationship and shepherding. We seek a pastor who cares for church members. This person should be comfortable visiting people in their homes, hospitals, and nursing facilities.
We value a good working relationship with the other religious denominations in our community. We value and respect their existence.
We desire a strong leader in fulfilling the Great Commission. We acknowledge the need for commitment to missionary work, both abroad and in our local community.
The pastor will serve as ex-officio member of the Church Board and church committees providing direction and assistance.
We offer: Our church has longevity and a positive influence in our community. Our recently retired minister served our congregation for over 32 years. We have financial stability and a beautifully, well maintained building. We a loving congregation with many life-long members. We are a Bible-centered church with the willingness to embrace change that is positive in bringing people to God.
TCC wants to enhance our spiritual growth and bring a vibrant message to our members and community.
The church building is located at 125 West Main Street in Thorntown, IN. The structure consists of the sanctuary, lower level, nursery, fellowship hall, and it is handicap accessible. We are a multi-generational congregation, providing Sunday school, Worship, Sunday evening Bible study, an active after-school youth group, and many other opportunities for personal growth and fellowship. The average Sunday attendance is 40-50.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org