Website Trinity Presbyterian Church
Student Ministries Co-Director, with emphasis on Girls’ Discipleship
To lead the student ministry of Trinity Presbyterian Church in developing leaders and volunteer relationships, crafting relevant programming, and lovingly discipling middle and high school students for faith in Christ, so that our students come alive with Jesus, grow with Jesus and change the world with Jesus.
Cultivating youth leaders and volunteer relationships
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a practice of developing leaders for the regular student ministry and key experiences at Trinity including invitation, equipping, placement, encouragement, and long-term development. May include adults, interns, and student leaders.
• Lead the Youth Leadership Team alongside a parent Chair to increase participation of volunteer supported engagement.
• Directly supervise, mentor, and work with any student ministry interns (full-time, part-time, or seasonal).
Creating student programming and environments
• Gospel Formation: Make disciples of middle and high school students in cooperation with group leaders, parents, and other key volunteers. This includes one‐on‐one ministry, personal teaching, small group leading, and other Student Ministry related events. Director should not be the sole teacher, but carry overall responsibility for content and practice of biblical preaching.
• Regular Programming: Along with co-director, craft, lead, and administer the annual scope of programming including (but not limited to) maintaining or changing existing programs, creating new programs, and developing opportunities for mission and service. Includes consistent presence at regular student ministry activities (meetings, retreats, conferences, trips, events, etc.).
• Creating and Leading Key Experiences: Planning and preparing for key experiences (such as events, retreats, trips, projects, and conferences) by inviting, developing, and leading the volunteer teams and programming essential to that end.
• Be a wise steward of student ministry physical environments: Create and maintain physically safe and relationally connected environments that help pave the way to equip students for faith in Jesus Christ.
Partnering with parents/families
• Cultivate relationships with students by seeking them out through “time on their turf” and model the same for leaders. Maintain a presence at public events and in personal visits, meet-ups, and/or communication. Oversee plans for building relationships to shepherd the children of the church, their friends, and students from the wider middle/high school community.
• Alongside key volunteers, provide pastoral care and counseling for students in crisis and, when necessary, referring those persons whose needs exceed the Director’s skill and abilities through the Executive Director or Senior Pastor.
• In coordination with the youth ministry staff, communicate and foster relationships with parents to offer support, encouragement, and insight. Leverage age-specific student ministry programming to equip parents in each phase of adolescence and partner with them in discipleship at home.
Follow Jesus Christ in leadership and spiritual development
· Build relationships with mentors, guides and colleagues
· Practice daily and weekly spiritual disciplines
· Participate in staff team development
· Join a journey group
· Model the staff playbook
• Create and manage the Student Ministry budget and key event finances.
• Lead Student Ministry’s Leadership Team meetings along with Co-Director and Chair.
• Participate in Ministry Team meetings
• Work with Co-Director and collaboratively with Ministry Staff Team Leaders.
• Responds to leadership of the Executive Director, Senior Pastor and the Session.
• Participates regularly in the overall life of the church.
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or Pastor.
• To be a committed Christian and to possess a strong desire and commitment to know Christ and follow him, living as becomes a follower of Jesus Christ in the world. (Phil. 1:27).
• To demonstrate a commitment to the personal study of Scripture, prayer, and worship through the life and ministry of the church.
• To witness to the love of God found in Jesus Christ in ALL times and in ALL places – understanding that students are observant both in church gatherings and in public places.
• Proven personal experience in ministering to students, demonstrating a heartfelt love for students, a desire for them to grasp and live the gospel of Jesus, and the necessary relational skills to communicate that good news.
• Proven experience in any/all of the following: building and leading teams, inviting and equipping volunteers, planning and organizational development.
• To have obtained a Bachelor’s degree.
Position Title: Co-Director of Student Ministry
Classification: Full-time, salaried, 50 hrs/wk
Accountable to: Executive Director
Education: Bachelor’s degree; theological training preferred
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years in related field
To apply for this job please visit www.trinityepc.org.