Website Union Christian Church
Contact: Andrew Kelly – Family Pastor
The Children’s Pastor/Director is responsible to oversee the entire children’s ministry to ensure a smooth-operating, safe and effective program. The Children’s Pastor/Director will recruit, train, and empower leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, and provide fellowship with God’s people – laying the foundation that will keep children interested in things of God and involved in church. The Children’s Ministry works within the vision and mission of Union Christian Church to be a disciple-making Church.
Vision: Hope Lives Here
Mission: Love God, Love People, Serve Both
• Passion for influencing and affecting children and their families through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Set and direct the vision of our children’s ministry.
• Provide leadership over activities and programs focusing on the spiritual growth of children.
• Continue to build and train a solid leadership team.
• Use social media to minister to children and their families.
• Ensure consistent and effective communication with families.
• Maintain a schedule of volunteers.
1. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry. Design and initiate strategic experiences that will shape the heart of the children to have a love for the lord and to become a fully-devoted follower of Christ.
2. To come alongside parents to encourage and equip them to be involved in the spiritual formation of their child.
3. Develop and support a team of volunteers to work in the children’s ministry. Be a leader of leaders.
4. Be available to counsel and pray with children and their parents regarding spiritual matters.
5. Work with the Family Pastor to ensure a healthy transition for the kids as they move from Children’s Ministry to Student Ministry.
6. Develop and give oversight to the Children’s Ministry budget.
7. Plan events that will serve as an outreach to the community.
8. Participate in training opportunities as offered.
9. Hospital visitation.
10. Grow the ministry by reaching the unchurched children and families.
11. Attend weekly Staff Meetings and Monthly Board Meetings.
12. Write a monthly staff report.
13. Partner with staff in the carrying out of church-wide activities and service/outreach projects.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org