Website Union Christian Church
5350 E. Hulman Dr. Terre Haute, IN 47803
The Worship Pastor/Director at Union Christian Church will oversee all aspects of the worship service, including working with and overseeing the Tech team, audio team, and all other volunteers connected to worship.
They will have a desire to not only lead; but serve those they are working with; by championing them in their volunteer’s roles at UCC. We are looking for a high energy candidate who is passionate and discerning about all aspects of worship ministry.
This person must be a person of integrity who has a heart to see people connect to Jesus through the art of worship. The candidate should be technically minded, relational, leadership focused, and willing to jump in and work with a team.
· Create an environment for UCC to worship in two different settings. Blended First Service and Contemporary Second Service.
· Meet with key volunteers on the worship team, tech team, and audio team to continue improving the worship experience.
· Recruit and work with a stage design team, staying current with contemporary stage designs.
· Serve as primary worship leader; but be willing to champion others to take lead at times.
· Develop and manage worship and tech budget.
· Partner with Lead Pastor to develop a seamless service, partner with Lead Pastor in discipleship and other areas where asked.
· Oversee the setup and operation of both services including sound, lights, and online service. Teams are already in place.
· Organize and lead rehearsals throughout the week.
· Recruit and train volunteers for worship, stage design, tech, and audio.
· Personal relationship with Jesus
· Agree with UCC’s statement of faith.
· Have a degree in Worship and Arts from a Christian University
· Be proficient in at least one musical instrument and be able to sing.
· 2 years + experience leading worship in a part-time or full-time paid position
· Work with and partner with the UCC staff
· Attend weekly staff meetings and report to Lead Pastor.
· Attend monthly Board meetings and write a monthly report.
· Ordained into the ministry or the desire to be ordained.
· Able and willing to preach 1-2 times a year if needed. If the desire is there to do more it could change.
· Willing to preform other ministry duties, such as: hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, in home visits.
· Be willing to place membership at UCC, tithe on a regular basis, and build relationships within the church.
The Worship Pastor/Director will be joining a church that has accomplished a lot in the last 3-4 years. We’ve seen around 100 people give their life to Jesus. We completed a half a million-dollar renovation to the church building, we completed renovations to a house and made them the church offices, in the last year we have invested close to $10,000 in tech equipment to be able to have online live services.
Union Christian Church is a great church on the East Side of Terre Haute, IN. Terre Haute is home to Indiana State University and Rose Hulman Institute of Technology. We have a great congregation that is made up of families ranging from their 20’s to 80’s. The staff consists of Lead Pastor, Children’s Director, Worship Pastor, Office Admin, and Part-time Youth Pastor.
If you are interested in the position please visit our church website and check us out. Take time to read through our Statement of Faith and pray about your next move. If you decide to apply; send your resume, with a picture of you and your family (if you are married) to Todd Payton @ firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com