Website Western Hills Christian Church
Western Hills Christian Church
1401 NW 82nd St, Lawton, OK 73505
Send Resumes to: email@example.com
Western Hills Christian Church is a church with a heart to help every person know Jesus, belong to His family, become His disciples and build His kingdom. We operate around our 5 core values: scripture, prayer, worship, service, and community. For over 60 years Western Hills has been fulfilling its mission by building relationships in Lawton and around the Globe through partnerships with various ministry organizations. Lawton Oklahoma is a military town with Fort Sill in close proximity. The elders are believing the Holy Spirit will lead them to an amazing and energetic leader to be the voice to lead the church into its next era. The leadership truly believes that the best days for Western Hills are yet to come.
Western Hills was led by our previous pastor for 17 years until November of 2021 when our current pastor joined the staff to lead us into the next era. Unfortunately, his parents and his wife’s father began to have health problems that caused them to return to Kentucky to care for them.
The staff is made up of three full-time staff in addition to the Senior Pastor: a Youth and Worship Pastor, a Children’s Pastor, and an administrative assistant.
SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The next senior pastor will continue to build on the foundation of those that have come before as they disciple and work alongside the elders in shepherding the church. They will lead the staff and help the elders to complete the mission of the church.
The Senior Pastor Will:
· Be aware of and value the tenants of the restoration movement.
· Provide primary spiritual, visionary, and strategic leadership to staff, elders, deacons, volunteers, members, and beyond.
· Provide innovative vision & leadership for reaching the post-Christian culture.
· Oversee regular worship services and ensure they are conducted decently and orderly. Teach the Word on Sunday mornings.
· Oversee the staff personnel.
· Demonstrate a commitment to community and culture engagement.
· Provide organizational leadership to the elders, staff, and volunteers.
· Assist the elders in the shepherding of the body of Christ through intentional and strategic approaches.
· Keep the leadership informed of all plans and activities pertaining to the church calendar.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
Education & Experience
· The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies or Theology.
· A minimum of 10 years of ministry experience with multiple years of senior leadership experience. This could take the form of a Senior Pastor, a Campus Pastor, or an Associate Pastor on a large staff.
Personal Characteristics and Qualifications
· A fully devoted follower of Christ who leads others into full, personal devotion by their example.
· A true servant leader and a pure heart bent toward humility, generosity, lovingkindness, wisdom, integrity, and courage.
· Displays a high level of emotional and relational intelligence.
· Champion of the mission and vision of Western Hills.
Professional Characteristics and Qualifications
· Significant experience preaching/teaching/communicating, with a preference for expository preaching as the predominant style.
· Comfortable engaging in theological discourse if/when needed.
· Fully aligned with Western Hills, mission, values, and vision.
· Experience in a multi-staff setting including leadership of paid staff and unpaid volunteers.
· Possesses an entrepreneurial ability, always thinking about and creating ways for greater impact and reaching more people.
· Creative, balanced, and resourceful in the use of time and talent.
· Leadership proficiency in both large and small group surroundings.
· Substantial experience with diverse people groups and communities.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org