Website Westshore Christian Church
POSITION SUMMARY: The Preaching Minister is to glorify God by providing Biblical leadership primarily through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word and prayer. The Preaching Minister will model and promote evangelism and outreach. The Preaching Minister will shepherd the body of Christ, helping to equip the congregation to do the work of ministry and provide pastoral care. This person will provide direction and guidance to the congregation in carrying out the mission statement of Westshore Christian Church
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: To help, under the direction of the Elders, to cast a vision for Westshore Christian Church and to also provide the primary leadership and example for the members of the congregation and staff.
1. Serve as the primary preaching minister by preparing and delivering messages that are Biblically relevant and challenge both members and the unchurched to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
2. Develop a preaching schedule/plan with input from the Elders.
3. Coordinate with others involved in the planning of the worship services.
4. Oversee and participate in the initial contact in shepherding the flock (i.e. hospital calls, visitation, etc.) for the adult members of the congregation.
5. Provide spiritual and directional leadership for the staff through weekly staff meetings.
6. Work with the Elders to evaluate the effectiveness of activities supporting the mission and vision of the congregation.
7. Work with the Elders and the church office to be the primary communication/information flow to the congregation.
8. Lead the church to Biblical giving through stewardship development.
9. Conduct weddings and funerals as requested.
10. Promote the ministries of the congregation.
11. Provide Christian counseling to the church body as needed and refer people on for further in-depth counseling as necessary.
12. Periodically teach an adult class on Wednesday evening.
13. Identify, recruit and equip volunteers to assist in the duties of the ministry opportunities
14. Respond to other duties as deemed suitable and necessary by the Elder of Westshore Christian Church
Education: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or documented successful professional experience in leading a congregation. Current ordination by a Christian church/Church of Christ is strongly preferred.
Skills & Abilities: Proven communication skills especially in the area of public speaking and teaching. A proven servant leader who is able to apply Biblical truths to life circumstances. The ideal candidate will demonstrate proficiency in pastoral care. Demonstrated ability to lead and work with a team. This person will be an immersed believer in Jesus Christ and be a member in good standing with the Christian churches/Churches of Christ non-denominational. The Preaching Minister will be required to be a member of Westshore Christian Church
Work Environment: The church will provide an office, computer, and general supplies to fulfill job responsibilities. The Preaching Minister is required to post at least 30 hours of regular office time every week with flexibility for evening meetings, classes, etc. This position is a minimum of 40 hours per week with Sunday considered a work day.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org