Website Whiting Christian Church
716 West St. Whiting, IA 51063 712.455.2250
The Worship Minister is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a compelling vision for leading the church in engaging worship, while also caring for the overall spiritual health of the community as part of our Pastoral Team.
· Create a biblical, engaging worship experience for regular worship services, special events, and other gatherings of the church body
· Raise up, develop, and empower worship leaders from within the church
· Oversee and coordinate all worship team members (singers, musicians, sound/media/tech, etc.)
· Coordinate weekly rehearsals and other gatherings for worship and discipleship
· Develop and maintain the tech/media resources (sound, lights, video, streaming, etc.) of WCC alongside Tech Director, and be willing to troubleshoot issues when needed
· Develop and manage the Worship Budget in consultation with the Financial Team and Lead Minister
· Perform some of the general pastoral ministries of the church as needs arise (teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.)
· A committed, baptized Jesus-follower
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· A creative, Out-of-the-box thinker who is not afraid to try new things for the sake of the Gospel
· Training/experience in worship ministry; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Proficient musical skill
· Agreement with the ministry convictions of Whiting Christian Church
· Teachable leader, able to manage and develop a team of volunteers
· Team Player; contributes to overall vision, goals, and ministries of the church
· Proficient with Planning Center, Pro-Presenter, and other worship management software as its needed.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com