Website Zion Lutheran School
Zion Lutheran School is seeking candidates who are:
· Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
· Able to explain complex procedures in simple terms
· Take-charge types who are not easily intimidated by noncompliant students
· Well-versed in school procedures and classroom management techniques
· Prepared to enthusiastically teach a wide range of aerobics activities and sports
· Education oriented, with a strong sense of fair play and inclination against favoritism
· Able to teach diverse students with varied athletic interests and different physical abilities
The P.E. instructor will be responsible for teaching three (3) classes as described below:
Planning Period – 12:15 – 12:45
Kindergarten – 2nd Grade (approximately 28 students) from 12:45 – 1:30
3rd Grade – 6th Grade (approximately 25 students) from 1:30 – 2:15
7th Grade – 8th Grade (approximately 10 students) from 2:15 – 2:55
Gymnasium clean up from 2:55-3:15
All newly hired employees must comply with the following:
Hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
Substitute Teacher’s License – Preferred but not required
Participate in mandated reporter training and sign statement.
Participate in a fingerprint-based criminal background check. (Zion will pay for this)
Participate in the Statewide Sex Offender Database check.
Provide evidence of physical fitness to perform duties assigned.
Provide evidence of freedom from communicable disease.
Provide a current TB test.
Complete IESA Concussion training.
$60 per day when school is in session and duties are fulfilled. No paid sick days and upon reaching a maximum of 6 absences corrective action will take place.
How to Apply –
Send cover letter, resume, at least three references who can speak to your character and work ethic. Transcript and Letters of Recommendation are not required for application but may be requested upon hire. Send to Lori Allen at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org