- Program Director, MAC program at Lincoln Christian University
- Assistant Seminary Dean
- Minister, First Christian Church, Kellyville, Oklahoma (1980-2010)
- Army Reserve Chaplain 172n Support Group, Broken Arrow, OK (1985-1993)
- Youth Guidance Specialist Lloyd E. Rader Diagnostic and Evaluation Center Sand Springs, OK Youth Guidance Specialist (1980-1982)
- Jaycees, Local president, state chaplain, selected as a Jaycee Governor, OK
- Coach for middle school boys and ninth grade girls basketball
- Director of Special Education for two years
- Chairman, Northeastern Oklahoma Evangelizing Association
- Children’s Program Director, National Missionary Convention
- Provided “Church Assessments”
- School board member and president, Kellyville Public Schools
- OutReach Counselor, Youth Services of Creek County, OK
- School Counselor, Kellyville Public Schools
- School Psychologist, Kellyville Public Schools
Dr. Nolan Thomas
Associate Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- PhD Liberty University
- DMin Phillips Theological Seminary
- MDiv Emmanuel School of Religion
- MS Oklahoma State University
- BA Atlanta Christian College
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- Illinois Spiritual Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling
- Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association
- Illinois Counselor Educators and Supervisors
- Thomas, C. (Winter, 2015), Finding your fit. Contact: An Illinois Counseling Association Publication, 78, 12-13.
- Write and publish an online newsletter for the Illinois Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling (November 2014 –present).
- Writer for CACREP Accreditation Proposal- approved for site visit in January 2014.
- Letter to the Editor: Counseling Today, October, 2006: “Ethics of helping are often lost in efforts to establish moral position” (p. 44).
- Contributor; Aham, E., DiVito-Thomas, P., Eaton-Hockenberry, M., Wilson, D. & Winkelstein, M. (1998). Wong’s nursing care of infants and children, (6th ed.) St.Louis: Mosby.
- “Courageous supervision: Addressing sensitive topics with counseling trainees.” Presented with T. C. Samples and K. M. Baldwin at Illinois Counseling Association, Courage: The contagious spirit of the counselor’s lifework. Skokie, IL, November, 2015.
- “The gospel on the ground: Wrestling with reconciliation.” A presentation with N. Zola at the National Student Conference of the Association of Campus Ministries, Evansville, IN, August, 2015.
- “I know you can pray but can you listen?” A presentation at the National Student Conference of the Association of Campus Ministries, Evansville, IN, August 2015.
- “Modeling spiritual assessment with a counselor in training: Addressing multiple spiritual perspectives.” A presentation at the ICES, ISERVIC and IALGBTIC Multidisciplinary Conference. Chicago, IL, June, 2015.
- “Spirituality and mindfulness.” A presentation to the Northern Illinois University Counselor Association. Dekalb, IL, April, 2015.
- “A process of building a caring community between mental health counselors and religious support networks.” Poster presentation at the annual conference of the Illinois Counseling Association. Schaumberg, IL. November, 2014.
- “Spiritual assessment for clients with a Judeo-Christian background.” Poster session presented at the annual conference of the Illinois Counseling Association. Skokie, IL, November, 2013.
- “Spiritual Assessment for Clients with a Judeo-Christian Background,” ICA, Fall 2013.
- “Personal Obstacles to Ministry,” Illinois State Minister’s Retreat, October, 2010.
- “Ethics in Multicultural Counseling,” Southern Nazarene University, April, 2008.
- “Issues in Divorce,” Johnson Bible College, October, 2006.
Graduate and Seminary
- COUN 603 Crisis Intervention
- COUN 663 Major Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- COUN 666 Developmental Psychology Perspectives for Counseling
- COUN 667 Tests and Measures for Counseling
- COUN 670 Counseling Children
- COUN 751 Career Development Counseling
- COUN 802 Adolescent Development and Counseling
- COUN 806 Developmental Issues in Counseling the Elderly
- COUN 810 Ethical and Legal Issues for Counselors and Other Christian Leaders
- Married to Pam DiVito-Thomas
- Two adult sons: John Mark (Jayci) and Jeremiah Matthew Thomas (Lisa), four grandchildren
- Hobbies: Helping others