The Lincoln Christian University Alumni Association exists to support the mission of LCU and the lives and Christian service of its alumni.
We use the word “family” around here a lot; as valued members of this LCU family, our alumni can always find love, support, encouragement, and counsel here. We’re for and here for our alumni, today and beyond.
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. – Colossians 3:15-17
In 2021, we revamped our Alumni Association model. This process led us to eliminate the dues-paying approach, and to structure our association in three categories, defined and described here:
The Alumni Association aligns with our historical definition of “alumni,” and comprises those who meet the following characteristics…
- Students who graduated and/or attended and are in good standing
- Past and present members of the University’s Board of Trustees
- Past and present full-time University employees
The Alumni Association Council is everyone who’s paid lifetime dues, as well as those who have paid the equivalent in annual dues for the purpose of…
- Nominating Trustees for the University’s Board of Trustees
- Electing the Alumni Association Executive Cabinet
The Alumni Association Executive Cabinet (EC) is elected by the Council and consists of 5-10 Council members for the purpose of…
- Advising and consenting on Lifetime Christian Service awards and Restoration awards
- Contributing to the planning and coordination of alumni events
- Providing feedback at regular meetings/gatherings
- Serving as an ambassador for LCU in their churches and communities
Each EC member will serve for a three-year term, which can be extended as mutually desired. The EC will not include officers.
Please contact the Advancement and Alumni office with any questions: call 217-732-3168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to nominate someone for an Alumni Association award, you can do so HERE.