- Predoctoral Internship (APA Accredited). Counseling & Student Development Center, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois (Clinical Specialization: Trauma; Multicultural Population Specialization: Student Veterans)
- Advanced Therapy Practicum Clinician. Counseling & Student Development Center, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois.
- Therapy Practicum Clinician. Counseling and Consultation Services, Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois.
- Psychometrist. Eastland Psychological Services, Ltd., Bloomington, Illinois.
- Diagnostic Practicum Clinician. Eastland Psychological Services, Ltd., Bloomington, Illinois.
- Counselor. Lincoln Pastoral Counseling Services, Lincoln, Illinois.
- Clinical Dietitian. Carle Clinic, Bloomington/Normal, Illinois.
- Dietitian. Pontiac Correctional Facility, Pontiac, Illinois.
- Director of Nutrition Services. Clínica Adelante, Inc., Surprise, Arizona.
- Clinical Nutrition Specialist. Marriott Corporation at Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene, Texas.
- Adjunct professor. Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas.
- Nutritionist. WIC Program, Southwest Washington Health District, Vancouver, Washington and Multnomah County Health Department, Portland, Oregon.
Dr. Kim Baldwin
Associate Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- PsyD Wheaton College
- MA Wheaton College
- MA Lincoln Christian University
- BS Abilene Christian University
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, State of Illinois, License Number 071008516
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, State of Illinois, License Number 166000794
- Registered Dietitian, Registration Number 713724
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Specialists in Group Work (division of American Counseling Association)
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies
Clinical Interest and Theoretical Orientation
Kim’s counseling orientation is integrative, drawing strongly upon attachment theory, emotion-focused approaches, mind-body interaction, existential theory, family systems, and multiculturalism. Her areas of clinical interest include: complex trauma, grief and loss, supervision, couples’ therapy, diversity issues, veteran’s concerns, eating disorders, and the integration of theology and psychology.
- Baldwin, K.M. (in press). Reconciliation. In J. Carlson & S. Dermer (Eds.), The SAGE Encyclopedia of Marriage, Family, and Couples Counseling
- Baldwin, K.M., Baldwin, J.R., & Ewald, T. (2006). The relationship among shame, guilt, and self-efficacy. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 60 (1), 1-21.
- Baldwin, K., & Caulfield, J. (2003). Diabetes education at Carle Clinic. Diabetes Selected Papers, 46 (2), 4-5.
- Baldwin, K., & Caulfield, J. (2003). The role of diabetes education in excellent patient care. Diabetes Selected Papers, 46 (2), 1-3.
- Samples, T. C., Baldwin, K. M., & Thomas, C. N. (2015, November). Courageous supervision: Addressing sensitive topics with counseling trainees. Illinois Counseling Association: Courage: The contagious spirit of the counselor’s lifework. Skokie, IL.
- Baldwin, K. M., & Schmucker, K. (2015, May). Recreating a safe haven: Attachment, spirituality, and therapy. Illinois Association for Multicultural Counseling: Trauma and its Impact, Governor’s State University, IL.
- Baldwin, K. M., & Plezia, S. L. (2014, November). Successfully navigating the unseen:the mutual learning process between supervisor with unimpaired sight and student counselor-in-training with impaired sight. Illinois Counseling Association: Reinventing community, Schaumburg, IL.
- Baldwin, K. M., Phelps, D., & Samples, T. C. (2014, April). Creating a safe haven: Attachment, supervision, and trauma.Christian Association for Psychological Studies, Atlanta, GA.
- Baldwin, K. M. (2013, April). Emerging adults‘ perceptions of parental assistance during the college years: What do mom and dad do that is considered helpful? Paper session presented at the Illinois Council on Family Relations 2013 Annual Conference, Champaign, IL.
- Baldwin, K. M., Samples, T. C., & Phelps, D. (2012, October) Understanding and Treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Veteran Populations. Sponsored by Illini Christian Ministries.
Graduate and Seminary
- COUN 668 Group Process Techniques
- COUN 725. Traumatology: Understanding and Treating Chronic/Complex Trauma
- COUN 745 Human Sexuality
- COUN 760 Multicultural Counseling
- COUN 803 Pre-marital and Marital Counseling
- COUN 804 Family Systems Counseling
- COUN 890 Counseling Internship
- COUN 892 Counseling Practicum
- PC 602 Basic Counseling Techniques
- PC 662 Abnormal Psychology
- PC 891 Clinical Pastoral Education
- PC 900 Research, Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Married to Dr. John R. Baldwin
- Blessed with two children
- I love to garden, read, cook, take long walks, camp, crochet, travel, and spend time with my family.